- Train With Us!
- Full-Time Programs
Full-Time Program applications are currently closed!
But you can still come train with us in the programs as a visiting student. Please see the visiting page.
This 3-Year Full-Time Program is for students wishing to engage themselves in an intensive training regime in Taijiquan & Qigong. Time-permitting, motivated students may also train in Shaolin, but the required curriculum and primary focus will be in Taijiquan & Qigong only. This will include training in barehand, weapons, applications, and sparring. As with the previous full-time programs, this program will consist of training 9 months every year, 6 days per week. We are seeking the most dedicated students who are ready to push the limits of their physical and mental capabilities. Not every student who enrolls in this program will stay until the end. We will do our utmost in trying to determine whether this program is right for you. All applicants must come to the center for a required interview period between 2 weeks - 1 month. We look forward to getting acquainted with you during this time, and we also look forward to helping you better know about us, our programs, and our mission.
Please do not hesitate to ask us about our experiences and daily operations at the center. Email us or call +1 (707) 502-8739. We also encourage you to get in touch with past students, visitors, other YMAA students, instructors, friends, and masters worldwide. At your request, we can try to connect you with them if possible.
We will accept no more than 6 students to this program. Good luck with the application!
Requirements and Eligibility
Before you begin, please check that you meet all of the requirements to apply. If you have any doubts, please contact us and we will be more than happy to discuss any issues with you.
- You must be able to pay the annual tuition (between US$10,000 - US$13,000 per year).
- You must have your own health insurance.
- If you are a non-U.S. citizen, you must be eligible to obtain a visa that allows for you to stay for entire semesters. A normal tourist visa will suffice for short visits, such as your interview period. Accepted students will be issued an I-20 form which they can use to apply for an M-1 student visa at their local U.S. embassy.
Schedule blocks may be adjusted when necessary.
- To complete the full YMAA Taijiquan curriculum, which includes: Yang-Style Long Form, Pushing Hands (Single, Double, Peng Lü Ji An, Cai Lie Zhou Kao, Moving, Stationary, Freestyle), Taiji Sword, Taiji Saber, Taiji Staff/Spear, Taiji Fighting Set, Martial Applications, and Taiji Sparring.
- To complete the full YMAA Qigong curriculum, which includes: Qigong Theory, Eight Pieces of Brocade, Four Seasons Medical Qigong, Five Animal Sports Qigong, Taiji Qigong, White Crane Qigong, Hard/Soft Qigong, Small/Grand Circulation, General Qigong Massage, Muscle/Tendon Changing and Brain/Marrow Washing.
- To develop a satisfactory ability in all material trained. At the end of the program, students should be confident in passing official YMAA qualifying exams for Taijiquan and Qigong.
- To acquire some level, understanding, and competency in self-defense. The actual level will vary from student to student.
- To achieve, comprehend, and appreciate martial morality.